Friday, October 23, 2009

more creepy crawly things

So apparently scorpions and bugs are not enough we recently found out that this house has termites as well, since the property management company could care less who knows when we will actually get those taken care of though. Scott has faxed, emailed and called trying to get them to do something about it and they did send someone, once (to the wrong address) so we wait and call some more. In the mean time though. A couple of nights ago I was checking on Lila in the middle of the night, like 2 am ish and stopped in the bathroom on my way back to bed. I didn't have my contacts in but I could tell something was on the floor it was a dark spot next to the bathtub and so I sat there staring at it waiting for it to move because I was sure it would. Yes it did move and I thought to myself that is very weird it doen't really move like a spider or a scorpion so I turned on the light to see what the heck it was....
This is the crab that belongs in our fish tank. It scared the heck out of me. I ran and got a cup like I usually do to trap bugs and things that I need Scott to take care of for me and covered it up. I know there was no chance of it getting out of the cup but I had to set a bottle of hand sanitizer on top just to be sure. Then I went back to bed and told Scott when he got up he needed to take care of his crab in the bathroom. He must have been very tired or something cuz he just said okay he didn't even question what I had just said to him...

So back in the fish tank where he belongs. We watched him because he disappears all the time and we can never find out what happens to him and then he will randomly show up again. We actually caught him in the act of escaping. he climbes up a plant that is too close to the little filter thing that sticks down into the water and gets on that and climbs his way right up it and into the filter. Well he is totally out of the tank when making that transition there is a small opening on the back so he either decided to take a new trip or he fell then he would have had to fall off the shelf the fish tank sits on and walk all the way across the house to the bathroom. Quite an accomplishment for a little guy like him. Needless to say at the top of Scott's "honey do" list is to fix the fish tank so he can't get out any more. I don't need scares like that in the middle of the night anymore!


1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Thanks for the laugh; that is so funny! I was on the edge of my seat wondering what could possibly be in your bathroom in the middle of the night, but I was not expecting a CRAB! ha ha ha! Glad he didn't pinch your toes. ;)

    ReplyDelete