Monday, April 19, 2010

Wolf badge!

Alden was sooo excited to have earned his wolf badge. We actually had 5 boys get it at April's pack meeting because last month was the pine wood derby. We have a big group of booys but they are all pretty good kids and it is alot of fun. I am the den leader and I have actually liked it alot more than I ever thought I would. Our group is slowly shinking though and by this summer I will be down to 6 boys which will actually be very nice just because it will be easier to do things with them when there aren't so many. I think it will be good for Alden to turn 9 and get new leaders (other than his own mom) for a change. The boys had to drink "wolf blood" to show they were ready to be a wolf. They were all a little excited and nervous about it. It was funny to watch them drink it, especially picky little Alden.
The boys had to "make" their wolf badges by telling about the different achievements they are suppose to do. they had to pour the different ingredient into the pot explaining the different things about scouts.

As excited as Alden was to be recieving his wolf he so much hate having attention on him. he doesn't even smile and he totally looks at the ground and off to the side while standing in front while the cubmaster lists off the different things he was earning. The torcher!!! In addition to his wolf he also got a gold and two silver arrows, his music belt loop and pin, physical fitness belt loop and bicycle belt loop. We are very proud of how hard he has worked and are glad he enjoys scouts and hope he continues to enjoy it and work hard in scouting as he grows.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Alden! Grandpa loved scouting also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! He really has been working hard. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Alden!!!!! How proud we are of him --- (he's sooooo handsome too!!!!!

    Go Scouts, yeah!!!
    Love, Grandma Marble

    ReplyDelete