Alden had a great birthday. He got a new bike and a machine nerf gun. He also got Transformers and money from his grandparents. Scott set up a scavanger hunt for him that was really fun but really hard. He had to find picture clues and on the back of the pictures was another picture that had to be put together like a puzzle (there were two differnt sets of those). He also had to figure out a crossword puzzle. It was pretty funny to watch him. I don't know how Scott ever became so creative but he is awesome at that kind of stuff. We went out to celebrate with Grandpa Steve since they share the same birthday at Texas Roadhouse. Alden was a little embarassed to get on the saddle but said it was worth it for the ice cream. I kind of felt bad not having an actual party for him with his friends but there was just a lot going on and kind of hard to find a time to have one. It was nice not having to stress about party stuff though. I am thinking of maybe just letting the kids have parties every other year on even # years. Anyone do anything like that with their kids. I would love some ideas for keeping birthdays special but more low key.
Lila: (when we first brought Katie home from the hospital) "she needs polish on her fingers!"
Alden: "Katie has fluffy skin."
Some kid was picking on Brig walking home from school and I told him to tell him you were going to tell your mom on him if he didn't leave you alone next time. He asked what I was going to do about it and I said I would scare him. Brig asked "with what your wooden spoon?" haha
Dallin: "why do girls like noodle straps?" (spaghetti straps, haha)
Lila:That is my Kara, not Sandee's Kara!"
Lila:"I want sparkles on my puptakes" (sprinkles and cupcakes)
Lila:"what time does this say? (it was a timer going off and I told her time was up it said zero) no, that is not what it says. it says it is time to go to Sandee's house."
Scott and Jaime were married in Feb. of 2000 in the Arizona Temple. We have three boys, Alden (10), Dallin (8), Brigham (6) and Lila (2). Our family has one dog (puggle) Champ.
No comments:
Post a Comment