Saturday, February 12, 2011

Awesome Alden

This is very random but if I don't write it down somewhere I will forget and I want to remember it.  This past  Monday, Dallin came home from school early because he got his eye scratched with a pencil some how and the nurse thought he might need to get it checked.  I asked the school receptionist if she would get a message to Alden to not wait for Dallin after school since I took him home early.  She is usually an extremely on-the-ball lady, she does her job amazingly well, however, she was trying to talk to someone else and her phone was ringing so she apparently forgot to tell Alden.  So, anyway, after school Alden waited and waited for Dallin in their normal meeting spot and he started to get nervous cuz Dallin didn't show up and Alden didn't know why or what to do, so right as he was about to have a little panic attack my friend, Amber, walked by and saw Alden looking worried and standing alone.   I happened to see her earlier when I went to pick up Dallin & was chatting with her briefly, explaining I was there to take Dallin home.  She then called me just to make sure that was true and that Dallin didn't come back to school later in the day and then explained to Alden that Dallin wasn't coming and to go ahead and go home.  So Alden left school.  I was outside to pick him up and when he got in the car he said he didn't know what to do and so he said a prayer in his head and as soon as he finished Amber walked by and told him.  Very small simple thing but I am so glad for things like that so that I feel like my kids are gaining a testimony and know what to do when the need help.  Alden is such an amazing boy I am so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment