Monday, August 23, 2010

The Newest Critter...

So the other night we were at Walmart, (the boys had earned money from Grandpa Steve by pulling weeds and were just dying to spend it), and Dallin bought a cheap fake snake.  We all got in the house and I see this snake on the floor right inside the front door.  I start yelling for Dallin to come pick up the snake he just bought and take it to his room. I bent down to pick it up and realized it was not fake at all!!
Alden was very brave and wanted to touch and hold it right away.  He thought it was so cool and wanted to keep it as a pet.
Brig would barely touch the tail and only if Scott was holding the head nice and tight.  He was not very excited about it. 
Dallin was absolutely terrified. This is him being embarrassed because he didn't want to touch it and hiding his face.  I ended up having to touch it my self and bribed the little stinker with $2 just to touch it really quick. Then of coarse the other boys wanted money too since they were brave and touched it without having a fit. It was an ordeal for sure! After the excitement was over we brought it across the street and let it go in the open desert area.

Just add it to our list of uninvited visitors... I would say I can't imagine there is anything else we could have around here but that might just jinx us into something super icky coming along.  I am just glad this snake was tiny and not a rattle snake or something else poisonous!!

3 comments:

  1. When did Alden get to be so brave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snakes! I love them. We found a little one about a month ago and tried to get Ryker to hold it. The only reason he held it was to try and scare grandma! It was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you give me two dollars to touch it :) haha

    ReplyDelete